What's Run Off?
Why Use A RhizoSystem?
All that runoff has to go somewhere.
If you leave your plants sitting in it, it gets reabsorbed.
You don’t want this to happen
1. The run-off will have become stagnant and may contain bacteria
- This leads to root problems, poor nutrient absorption and even root rot
2. Your growing media becomes saturated with unoxygenated water
- You end up with lots of water, but no oxygen - roots need both.
3. Some nutrients and salt remain your growing media
- When you next feed your plants, the nutrient profile isn’t going to be right.
With a RhizoSystem, all runoff is removed, so none of this happens.
You can safely achieve the optimum 20 – 30% runoff, without any issues.