This is a special order item, so may take one week to arrive - guaranteed delivery cannot be selected for this item.
Root, establish & harden off cuttings and seedlings in a warm climate. All you need is an award-winning Vitopod Heated Propagator!
It was named the 'Best Buy Propagator' by BBC Gardeners’ World!
They’re like mini greenhouses! Some people even grow tropical plants in them during winter!
Height is extendable! You can add extra layers (without floors) to make space for bigger plants. You can protect plants for much longer in winter. Each layer is 15cm tall.
There are no hot or cold spots - heat is distributed evenly for uniform growth. You’ll root cuttings & seedlings quickly with all that warmth.
You set your temperature (5 - 30oC) with a friendly digital controller. The super accurate thermostat keeps you within 1oC of your target!
You can control your humidity too (via 3 large vents) so there’s no damping off. Open vents gradually to harden plants off before transplanting!
• Heated propagator (5 - 30oC)
• Humidity control (via 2 side vents & 1 top vent)
• Multipurpose - root, harden off & establish plants
• Some people keep tropical plants in them during winter
• Extendable height! Just add extra layers (15cm tall)
• Accurate temperature sensor (stay within 1oC of your target)
• Even heat - no hot or cold spots
• Robust build - acrylic lids & sides with UV protection
• Easy to assemble
• Excellent storagle, can be flat packed away
• Award-winning! Named 'Best Buy Propagator' by BBC Gardeners’ World
• Vitopod 1 Heated Single Layer Unit: 56cm x 55cm x 24cm (L x W x H)
• Vitopod 1 Heated Double Layer Unit: 56cm x 55cm x 39cm (L x W x H)
• Vitopod 2 Heated Single Layer Unit: 111cm x 58cm x 23cm (L x W x H)
• Vitopod 2 Heated Double Layer Unit: 111cm x 58cm x 39cm (L x W x H)
- How to Use
To set up your Vitopod Propagation Unit, first find a location with an even surface, good natural light and access to a power supply.
Next plug the temperature controller into the mains supply and connect it to the Vitopod Propagation Unit via the relevant port.
Feed the temperature sensor wire through one of the vents and place the end of it at least 2.5cm away from the side of the Vitopod Propagation Unit. Finally set the target temperature on the temperature controller.
As your plants begin to grow, gradually open the vents and remove the lid to manage humidity.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (1)which is better to use for growing cuttings heated or unheated propagators ThanksMost people do not have a requirement for a heated propagator due to the ambient temperatures of their growing environment. However, if you are growing in a particularly cold place then a heated prop might be right for you. Ideal propagation temperatures are between 21oC - 26oC.
Written by PN | 20 Jul 2011