Athena Cuts Rooting Gel
AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER - PRODUCT LAUNCHES ON 26/05
Kickstart root development in a rapid fashion and improve the overall strike rate of your cuttings by using Athena Cuts! It’s a premium quality, water-based rooting gel formulated with essential plant hormones, nutrients and vitamins to promote fast and healthy growth. Upon application the product gets to work establishing a protective coat around the base of your cuttings and quickly seals the stem tissue, whilst at the same time providing a beneficial source of nourishment that can be easily absorbed. Ideal for propagating soft and semi-hard cuttings, Athena Cuts will successfully treat fruit trees, herbaceous plants, vegetables, ornamentals and so on!
- Utilises cutting edge rooting technology to kickstart plant development
- Speeds up rooting times and improves strike rates
- Stimulates rapid root generation
- Helps to boost overall health of cuttings
- Performs at the level of a premium rooting gel
- Contains an advanced rooting hormone that promotes growth
- Delivers key nutrients and vitamins in an easily absorbed manner
- Seals plant stems to prevent infections (including rot)
- Conveniently suits any type of rooting media
- Works well for propagating soft and semi-hard cuttings
Using Athena Cuts couldn’t be easier! Just navigate through these 5 simple steps:
1. Open your Athena Cuts and squeeze a small amount into a measuring cup.
2. Identify suitable cuttings on a healthy mother plant (see below for more help).
3. Make a smooth diagonal cut through the nodal intersection using a scalpel.
4. Dip the exposed cut into your Athena Cuts for a few seconds.
5. After application, put cuttings into an Aeroponic Propagator or rooting medium.
Depending on the variety of plant, roots should appear within a few days or weeks of application. Move the cuttings into pots/transplanting cubes as soon as roots appear.
Important note: do not dip cuttings directly into the product container, and always discard used gel – never reapply!
Identifying Suitable Cuttings
Taking cuttings from an attractive mother plant enables you to produce completely new plants with exactly the same genetic traits as the parent – including growth rates, flavours, aromas and yields. We recommend doing the following:
- Avoid removing more than 50% of your mother plant’s foliage for cuttings
- Target the lower third of the mother plant, picking out healthy growing tips with 3-4 leaves
- Target cuttings that are around 7-8cm long
- Remove all leaves and new shoots from the bottom of a cutting to half way up it
- Spray mother plants with Nitrozyme to boost the amount of material for cuttings
- Only take cuttings from new growth on healthy mother plants (in the veg stage)