1. Dilute mixture
• If using daily: Add at a rate of 1ml per litre of tank volume
• If using two or three times per week: Add at a rate of 2ml per litre of tank volume
2. Mix the liquid oxygen with a litre of lukewarm water before adding it to tank
3. Stir thoroughly before circulating to plants.
Sterilising growing media
Oxy-Plus can be used to clean and sterilise the hydroponic system and growing medium.
1. If using a medium such as Perlite or expanded clay, remove as many old roots as possible.
2. Soak the medium in a concentrated solution of Oxy-Plus
3. This will oxidise organic matter in the medium and assist in its rapid decomposition
4. Remember to flush medium thoroughly with fresh water before re-use
Sterilising a hydroponic system
1. Make up Liquid Oxygen at a rate of 15ml per litre
2. Put in the tank and circulate it around the system
3. Remember to flush the system thoroughly with fresh water, or wait a few days, before installing new plants
Treating root disease
Condition: root disease
Symptom: soft brown roots and wilting plants
The sooner you act, the better chance you have of successfully treating the problem.
1. If the roots are soft and weak, remove as much dead root mass as possible by hand
2. Clean up trays and gulleys as much as possible
3. Empty the nutrient tank and clean it thoroughly
4. Circulate fresh water through the system to help remove debris
5. Discard the water
6. Fill the tank with fresh, clean water
7. Add Oxy-Plus at 4 ml per litre of tank volume.
8. Circulate water for three days – adding Oxy-Plus every day at the above rate
9. Empty tank and clean it again
10. Make up fresh nutrient solution and add Oxy-Plus at the rate of 1 ml per litre
11. Set the system running again
12. Add Oxy-Plus daily for the life of the crop
13. If the problem is corrected there will be new white roots appearing very quickly
14. If this does not happen then repeat the process
Ensure you handle your Oxy-Plus with care:
• Always wear gloves and goggles
• Store it in a locked cupboard
• Keep it out of the reach of children