GrowMax Power Grow 500 RO Filter
Have you got hard water?
Look for limescale at the end of your tap &ndash inside your kettle; it’s a definite sign of having hard water.
However, you can be more precise with a CF meter. Here's what each reading means:
• 6 + (hard water)
• 4 - 5 (medium to moderately hard water)
• 0 - 3 (soft water)
How do RO filters boost plant growth?
Unfiltered water contains a number of elements that are harmful to your plants (such as calcium carbonate, chlorine & magnesium carbonate)
Unless you remove them, these contaminants can:
• Slow plant growth
• Harms soil microorganisms and bacteria
• Alter your pH
• Alter the concentration of your nutrient feed
• Dirty, damage or clog your grow room equipment
• Hindernutrient uptake
• Slow photosynthesis
With an RO filter, this won't happen. You’ll see:
• A more stable pH, encouraging bigger plants, with healthier fruits & stronger roots
• Peak nutrient uptake
• A healthier soil mix
• Stronger, bigger growing plants
• Maximum photosynthesis
• Better performing and longer lasting grow room equipment
How do they affect your grow room equipment?
If When you use a humidifier with unfiltered water, mineral deposits build up on your grow lights, reflectors and carbon filters.
• Reflectors and grow lamps
- Lose 10% of their reflectivity after 3 months
• Carbon filters
- Become clogged with dirty fabric sleeves.
- This leads to poor extraction and limited odour control
How do Grow Max RO filters work?
Your RO filter uses water pressure to reverse osmosis.
First, water passes through a pre-filter, which reduces sand, silt, dirt, rust particles, other sediments, and chlorine.
Next, water molecules are forced through a semi-permeable membrane at a high pressure. This filters out minerals and impurities, which cannot pass through the membrane.
Impurities and waste water, are sent to the drain.
This process removes:
• Up to 95% of salts and heavy metals
• Up to 99% of chlorine, herbicides, pesticides, and volatile organic contaminants
GrowMax POWER GROW 500 RO Unit
Produce up to 500 litres/day*
• Temperature 30ºC
• Pressure: Min. 3 kg Max. 6 kg
• Quality (500 tds or ppm)
*Other conditions can reduce the water production
*Replace cartridges every 6 months
GrowMax POWER GROW 500
• Main unit
• Inlet tubing with garden
• Hose connector
• Sediment filter
• Green coconut carbon filter
• Reverse osmosis membrane
• Pressure gauge
• Outlet tubing
• Shut-off valve
GrowMax POWER GROW 500
1. Push the 3/8" white inlet tubing into the 3/8” fitting (you'll find it on the filter housing on the right side of the system).
2. Connect the 1/4” blue purified water tubing to the outlet of the Automatic Shut-off valve.
3. Connect the 1/4” black waste water tubing to the outlet of the flow restrictor.
4. You are now ready to connect the included garden hose adaptor to your source water on the other end of the 3/8” inlet tubing.
5. Upon initial start up of system, slowly turn the source water on until both the carbon and sediment filters have water in the housings.
6. Next, open source water up all the way (do not exceed 80 psi).
7. Flush the system for 15 minutes when the system is new and/or when you replace your membrane.