Take the strain out of water drain with our EXCLUSIVE RhizoSystem. It’s simple, but genius.
It automatically removes run off (waste feed) so your plants don’t reabsorb it! This'll help prevent oversaturation, mineral build ups and root rot!
It’s the safest and easiest way to reach the optimum 20 – 30% run off.
- RhizoSystem (drain only)
- XL size stands (52cm x 52cm x 12cm) - for up to 39L pots
- Automatically removes run off (waste feed)
- Stops plants absorbing stagnant feed
Expandable & Flexible
You can expand it or customise your system easily. Extra parts can be bought separately.
Automatically removing run off keeps your tents clear of spilages.
Once set up, everything's automated.You only need to empty your waste tank.
Prevents mineral build ups
You can easily achieve 20-30% run off, which flushes unused minerals out of your media. That way, plants get the right ratio of nutrients.
Reduce risk of root rot
Stale, stagnant, oxygen-depleted feed is removed so plants can't reabsorb it. This helps prevent root diseases.
Suggested Layout Space Needed 4 Pot (Lite) 1.2m x 2.4m 8 Pot 2.4m x 2.4m 12 Pot 2.4m x 3.6m 16 Pot 4.8m x 2.4m 24 Pot 3.6m x 4.8m 36 Pot 3.6m x 7.2m
- The Science
What's Run Off?
After watering your plants, you’ll notice that some of the feed gathers underneath your pots.
This is called ‘run off’.
Without run off, salts, minerals and nutrients accumulate in your pot:
• It’s toxic to your plant
• Plants no longer get the right nutrients
• Plant growth is poor
To flush out nutrients and salts that would otherwise have gathered in your pot, aim for a 20 – 30% run off. Any more than this is just wasteful.
Why use a RhizoSystem?
All that run off has to go somewhere.
If you leave your plants sitting in it, it gets reabsorbed.
You don’t want this to happen
1. The run off will have become stagnant and may contain bacteria
- This leads to root problems, poor nutrient absorption and even root rot
2. Your growing media becomes saturated with unoxygenated water
- You end up with lots water, but no oxygen - roots need both.
3. Some nutrients and salt remain your growing media
- When you next feed your plants, the nutrient profile isn’t going to be right.
With a RhizoSystem, all run off is removed, so none of this happens.
You can safely achieve the optimum 20 – 30% run off, without any issues.
- Kit Contains
4 Pot 8 Pot 12 Pot 16 Pot 24 Pot 36 Pot RhizoStand 4 8 12 16 24 36 Rhizo Sicce Brain 1 1 1 1 1 1 25mm IWS Elbow BSP 4 4 4 4 6 6 13mm Non-Return Valve 1 1 1 1 1 1 13mm Iceline (mtr) 3 3 3 3 3 3 25mm Iceline (mtr) 6 12 16 24 30 42 IWS Tee 25mm BSP 2 4 8 12 18 30 25mm IWS DWC Pro Washer 8 16 24 32 48 72 25mm IWS DWC Pro Nut 4 8 12 16 24 36
- How to Use
1. Make Sure You have Enough Space
Suggested Layout Space Needed 4 Pot 1.2m x 2.4m 8 Pot 2.4m x 2.4m 12 Pot 2.4m x 3.6m 16 Pot 4.8m x 2.4m 24 Pot 3.6m x 4.8m 36 Pot 3.6m x 7.2m
2. If your room is on a slope
- Position your RhizoSystem Brain Controller at the lowest point
- We recommend raising some of the stands so that all are level
3. Your RhizoSystem Brain
- Make sure it is plugged into your mains power supply at all times
4. Assemble your RhizoStands
- Connect a BSP Tee or Elbow fixings to each stand
- This will allow you to connect the stand to Iceline piping
- Make sure you use the supplied rubber washers for a water tight connection
5. Create your lines of stands
- We recommend 6 lines of 12 stands
- You can connect stands together using Iceline Piping
- Make sure the pipe is pushed on fully
- Stands with elbow fixings will need to be at one end of a line
- The other end of each the line will need to be connected to the RhizoSystem Brain
- Keep unused inlet pipes covered with blanking caps to stop leaks
Tip: Keep drainage lines pulled tight for efficient drainage
- Q & A
Questions and Answers