IWS Flood and Drain 16mm (13mm) Systems
Ready for giant yields in a system that’s easy to manage with a flexible layout? Invest in the tried, tested, proven 16mm IWS Flood & Drain System.
How's it work? It’s all about getting oxygen to the roots.
When feeding, plant pots are flooded with feed. When feeding ends, pots are quickly drained of feed. This locks oxygen in the rootzone, to drive nutrient uptake, fuel growth & prevent nasty root diseases.
It's simple, but it works.
- Flood & drain growing system
- 13mm inner diameter pipes (16mm outer diameter)
- Handy fixed timer (15 minute segments)
- Flexible, modular layout – position pots how you want
- Easy to manage – pots are filled from a 1 tank
- Quiet – the pumps hardly ever on!
- Saves headroom - pots sit on the floor
- Low waste! Drained feed is stored for recirculation
- Extreme oxygen – better roots, growth, nutrient uptake
- Simple to set up and program
Waste is low - drained feed is stored between floods. It'll run quietly too, the pump's hardly ever on!
It’s easy to fine tune your flood times using a segmental timer (located on the side of the brain).
Your layout’s flexible…expand it & position pots however you want – all pots are connected to a central feed tank individually or in groups. Pots sit on the floor too, height's hardly an issue.
See It In Action
1. Choosing your media
Use clay pebbles – they hold lots of air, but hardly any nutrients. They’re perfect for flood and drain.
To flood less often, mix 20 – 40% of coco with 60 – 80% of clay pebbles. The mix will hold more water, so you can flood less often. You can mix this yourself, or buy it pre-mixed.
2. Keeping a sterile system
Keep your system sterile with Silver Bullet Roots. It kills 99.99% of root diseases and stays active in tanks for 5 weeks!
If you already use Oxy-Plus 11.9%, switch to Silver Bullet and you’ll save 55%.
How To Use
Assembling Your System
It’s easy to assemble your IWS Flood System. Watch this video to see how.
Choose Your Nutrients
For best result, use it with SHOGUN Hydro Nutrients – the best base feed for hydro systems.
Choose Your Growing Media
Use clay pebbles as your growing media – they hold lots of air, but hardly any nutrients. They’re perfect for flood and drain.
If you want to flood less often, mix 20 – 40% of coco with 60 – 80% of clay pebbles. The mix will hold more water, so you can flood less often. You can mix this yourself, or buy it pre-mixed.
Prevent Root Blockages
Place RhizoPots on the inside each pot to prevent root blockages. They naturally air prune roots, so they won't grow into your feed pipe and cause blockages.
Feed Time Guide for 60/40
- Start: 2 x 15 minutes feeds per day
- Veg: 3 x 15 minute feeds per day
- Flowering: 4 - 5 x 15 minutes feeds per day
Feed Time Guide for pebbles:
- Start: 2 x 15 minutes feeds per day
- Veg: 3 - 4 x 15 minute feeds per day
- Flowering: 4 - 6 x 15 minutes feeds per day
What’s flood and drain?
It’s a tried and tested way of getting lots of oxygen to your roots!
You fill your pots with a growing media (like clay pebbles) that holds a lot of air, but not much water.
Periodically, you flood pots with a nutrient solution, then quickly drain it away.
With each flood:
• Stale air is pushed away from roots
• Fresh, oxygen rich air is drawn into the root zone
• Your media gets a hit of nutrient solution, which it slowly releases to roots
Why does flood and drain work?
It’s all about supplying your roots with lots of oxygen.
Oxygen in the root zone:
• Stimulates root growth
• Increases nutrient uptake
• Helps prevent root diseases, such as Pythium
• Increase cell growth/activity
• Stop water from stagnating
Without enough oxygen
• You’ll likely experience:
• Mineral deficiencies
• Poor growth
• A decrease in water and nutrient absorption
• Underdeveloped roots
With an IWS Flood System, your plants will always get the oxygen they need.
Write Your Own Question
|IWS Flood and Drain Instructions||563.8 KB||Download|