Check & harvest potatoes without disturbing your plant or media - grab a Potato Bag.
There’s a handy hole at the bottom, so you can check on & harvest potatoes easily, throughout your plant’s life. There are 2 strong handles on the side of your bag, making it simpler to lift and maneuver.
To increase rooting, the pot is fabric. Air can enter and prune roots, leading to root branching. You get more secondary and tertiary roots - with more root tips, you ramp up nutrient uptake & growth.
Pots are super eco-friendly, made from recycled plastic bottles. You can reuse pots 4 - 5 times. Once done, they’re biodegradable. It’s simple, easy & mess-free. They’re ideal in gardens, patios and balconies.
- No disturbing plant as you harvest potatoes
- Visualisation window - check on growth
- Harvest potatoes continuously through life of plant
- 2 strong handles on side
- Fabric, breathable pots - stronger root network
- Eco-friendly, made from recycled plastic bottles
- Reusable for 4 - 5 crops
- Biodegradable - 100% over 10 years
You’ll find these ideal for growing potatoes & carrots. You can grow anything in them, but for other plants we’d recommend Rhizopots, which are made from the same fabric.
The Fabric - Bigger Roots, Bigger Harvest
In most pots, roots grow in one direction, towards the edge of the pot, then circle round and round. The following problems are pretty common:
- Wasted central media where roots don’t grow
- Fewer secondary and tertiary roots form
- There are fewer root tips
- Water & nutrient uptake is slower
Potato bags are different - the fabric is breathable.
When roots reach the edge of pots, they hit air. At this point, the root tip dries and forward growth stops. Instead, roots branch out evenly into your media. They start sprouting secondary and tertiary root hairs.
- More root tips
- No wasted central space
- Water & nutrient uptake speeds up
- Bigger root network to support growth & yield
You get a much larger harvest than you would in a plastic, terracotta or raised bed, thanks to even, consistent rooting.