SMSCom 4.5 Amp Twin Fan Speed Controller Mk2
Did you know: the best grow room temperature is 24oC - 28oC (day/lights on) and 22oC - 23oC (night/lights off)
Control your temperature with the speed of your fans – all you need is an SMSCom controller.
Your intake and extractor fans will speed up if your room needs cooling, or slow down if it needs heating (temperature sensor included).
Don’t worry about air exchange – you can set minimum and maximum fan speeds.
It’s easy to set up! No hard wiring’s needed. Just plug your fans in, then set your target temperature, min speed & max speed using the 3 dials. It’s that simple!
If you need a longer power cable, you can quickly plug it into your controller's IEC socket (like what lots of kettles have!).
For safety, each controller has a replaceable fuse.
Overall, your controller can handle a total 4.5 Amps. Any combination of RVK Extractor & Intake Fans will work perfectly!
• Tidy, small & easy to use
• No hard wiring needed
• Save energy – fan speed slows when you need it to
• Easy to connect - plug and play!
• Simple to program (via 3 dials)
• Power cable included (90cm)
• Temperature sensor included
• Min speed: ensure there’s adequate air exchange
• Max speed: ideal for oversized fans
• Handles 4.5 Amps in total
• Protective, replaceable 4.5 Amp fuse
• IEC power cable connection
• Features 2 x 3 pin UK plug sockets
Your controller can handle a total 4.5 Amps. It’s perfect if you have an RVK Extractor & Intake Fans.
You can even use the controller with some of the larger acoustic fans, but we generally recommend upgrading the controller. Start a live chat or visit your local store for more advice.
Never try using this controller with a circulation fan – they have their own speed controllers.
• 24oC and 28oC (during the day/lights on)
• 22oC and 23oC (during the night/lights off)
How the Controller works:
With an SMSCom Fan Speed Controller, you can help keep your grow room temperature inside the ideal range with the speed of your fans.
How? It’s easy.
You set your target temperature, your minimum speed and your maximum fan speed.
Your fans will then run at the minimum speed.
If your grow room becomes too hot, they will run at the maximum speed, until the temperature drops back down to your target.
This means that you will likely save energy as your fans aren’t running at full speed all of the time – only when the temperature demands it.
Remember, your fans will never run slower than your minimum speed, so you can ensure enough air is exchanged.
1 x SMSCom 4.5 Amp Twin Mk2 Fan Speed Temperature Controller
1 x 90cm Power Cable
1. Plug in your inlet fan (left socket) and extraction fan (right socket).
2. Position your temperature sensor.
3. Set your minimum speed, maximum speed and target temperature using the 3 dials.
4. Plug your controller in and switch it on.
Make sure you place your temperature sensor away from direct light, but as the same height as the tops of your plants.
When setting the minimum speed, make sure it’s high enough for suitable air exchange (you still have moisture and CO2 levels to think about).
NEVER use this controller with a circulation fan. They have their own speed controllers. Try using them with a controller and you could burn the fan or controller out.