MycoBox King Oyster Mushroom Growing Kit
Grow 30g - 70g of edible King Oyster mushrooms the easy way - grab this kit. After activating, leave it sitting on a shelf - out of direct sunlight - and the mushrooms just grow.
- 10ml mushroom culture spawn syringe included
- 30 - 70g of edible mushrooms (over multiple crops)
- Produces CO2 - place near plants to enhance growth
The kit is activated by you, so you won’t start producing mushrooms or CO2 before you’re ready.
It takes around 4 weeks to get your mushrooms, and you can continue getting crops of mushrooms for up to 8 weeks.
- Sterile rice cake
- Fruiting tray with vermiculite/polymer
- Humidity tent
- 10ml mushroom culture spawn syringe
How to Use
Step 1: Inject
Do not twist while injecting as this can block the syringe.
- Injecting spores at 4 equally spaced sites around the top of the Mycobox (near to the edge). Swab each site with alcohol before injecting each of the 4 holes with 2.5mL of solution.
- Inject as close as possible to the edge and push straight down.
- Quickly tape over holes afterwards, covering any cracks (with sellotape or similar). That’s it!
Step 2: Incubate
Do not place in direct contact or too close to a heat mat or you will dry out/kill your mycelium!
- Incubate the box somewhere warm and dark (26-28°C is ideal for most tropical species).
- After a few days, small white spots of mushroom mycelium will start to grow.
- Wait 2-3 weeks until the contents turn completely white (except for a small top layer which will not turn white as it is dry).
Step 3: Fruit (produce mushrooms)
- Pour the contents of the small vermiculite bag into the tray and add around 1/2 a cup of boiling water.
- Add lid and leave to cool for a couple of hours.
- When fully cooled, open the lid slightly and drain off any excess water from the vermiculite.
- Remove the lids from the tray and microbox and "birth" the cake (loosen the lid, invert the microbox and let it drop onto the vermiculite in the tray).
- Place the whole tray and its contents carefully inside the plastic bag and close the top with paper clips or tape.
- Place somewhere warm (22-24°C) where there is some light (but not direct sun).
- You should see mushrooms appear within 2-3 weeks.
Step 4: Harvest
- Pick your mushrooms when they begin to open their caps.
- Add a bit more water to the vermiculite, close the bag again and you should get a couple more crops.