[Lesson In Lamps] Hanging Heights (Part 1 of 3)
The way you hang lamps affects your intensity, coverage area and overall growth. It's important that you get it right.
This is part 1 of a 3 part series
Here you'll learn how high to hang your lamps.
How to Hang
Your exact hanging height depends on the fooprint of your reflector.
Hang it too high...
Hang your lamp too high, and three things will happen:
1. Your footprint widens, and lots of light is lost to walls
2. Your intensity drops too low, as light is spread out over a wider footprint.
3. Your grow room becomes too cold - in winter, this isn't what you want.
Hang it too low...
1. Your footprint is too small and doesn't cover your entire tent.
2. Where there is light, your intensity is too much for plants to cope with.
3. Your grow room grows too hot and you scorch your canopy layer.
Wing setting: narrow
Distance: 45 – 60cm
Wing setting: wide
Distance: 25 - 35cm
Wing setting: medium
Distance: 40 - 50cm