CDM Lights: The Easy Way to Get UVA & UVB
What’s a CDM Grow Light?
CDM (Ceramic Discharge Metal Halide) grow lights broaden your light spectrum to improve plant health and yield quality.
Specifically, CDM lights are known to emit lots of UVA & UVB.
Most of the systems we sell come with a Philips 930 Agro or 942 Daylight CDM lamp.
- The 930 Agro can be used as a standalone or supplemental lamp and has a fuller light spectrum
- The 942 Daylight lamp is a supplemental light only, with a bluer light spectrum.
What are UVA & UVB?
Plants exposed to UVA & UVB:
- Are bushier with shorter internodal spaces and more lateral branches
- Have a better flavour and aroma
- Produce a bigger yield
- Have greater medicinal properties and pest resistance
- Have more flowering sites
- Develop bigger root networks that support heavier crops
More and more research shows how important these wavelengths of light are every day!
What CDM Lighting Systems are Available?
How do you Position a CDM Grow Light?
Simply slot 1 x Horizon CDM light between every 2 x 600W HID grow lights (if using as a supplemental light).
It’s possible to grow from start to finish under a 930 CDM lamp. The quality of yield vs. the power consumption makes this a great option for many growers.
The best reflector for this is the Maxibright Focus Reflector in a 0.75m - 0.75m to 1m x 1m area. If you want to give it a try, you can buy your tent and light together as a complete kit.
How do they Connect to a Reflector?
CDM lamps don’t connect to a standard E40 reflector fitting. If you get a CDM lighting system or reflector from us, they'll either have an inbuilt CDM lampholder or we'll supply one with your kit. If you want to use a standard reflector that has an E40 fitting, you'll also need to buy a CDM lampholder.