Find out why everyone’s raving about Ecothrive Charge.
It’s a 100% organic, soil and coco enhancer, made entirely from the droppings of organically reared beetles. It’s Soil Association approved for use in growing organic crops.
It’s bursting with beneficial bacteria (450m units per gram!), and contains chitin, to boost resistance to pests and diseases.
You’ll see surges in growth, robust roots and vigorously high yielding plants.
It's fast-acting and easy to apply, thanks to its sandy texture.
- Fantastic dilution rate (1 litre of Ecothrive per 50 litre bag of coco or soil)
- Fantastic balance of nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (NPK – 3/2/3 )
- Boosts and prolongs fertility of potting mix
- Leads to vigorously high yielding plants - stimulates robust plant growth
- Immensely improves root zone conditions
- Boosts resistance to pests, diseases and fungus (contains chitin)
- 100% organic (Soil Association Approved!)
- Packed with microorganisms, micronutrients & rhizosphere bacteria
- Rapid results & easy to apply (thanks to sandy texture)
- Increases nutrient availability and cycling
- Can be used as a growth boosting foliar spray (mix with water first)
- Available in 1 Litre, 5 Litre & 10 Litre tubs
- The Science
Ecothrive Charge is insect frass (insect poop), from the larvae of Tenebrio molitor beetles (aka mealworms).
1. It's packed with macro and micronutrients from insect poop.
- Aids plant growth
- Leads to strong plants and big yields
2. It has more than 450 million colony forming units of beneficial rhizosphere bacteria per gram (really – it’s been lab tested).
- Enhances root growth and function
- Improves nutrient cycling and availability
3. Being insect poop, it contains chitin derivatives, found in large quantities the cell walls of insects:
- Improves resistance to pests, disease and fungus
- Leads to surges in growth rates and productivity
4. The beetle larvae that make Charge are given a strict vegetarian and additive free diet
- Of organic carrot and wheat bran
- To ensure a stable product
A number of tests are carried out to make sure this brilliant mix is 100% organic and includes no live insects.
Give it a try and you’ll get healthy and more fruitful crops.
- How to Use
Potting Mix Base
1. Mix as 1-2% of total volume (1 Litre into 50 Litre of potting mix).
2. For best results, mix thoroughly with the potting substrate, moisten and leave for 24 hours before use.
3. Follow up with top dressings every 4 weeks
Pot Plants – Top Dressing:
1. Add 0.75-1.5g per litre of potting mix (1 x 20-40ml scoop per 10 Litre pot).
2. Immediately give the pot a good watering after applying a top dressing.
3. Repeat every 4 weeks or as and when the crop needs it
Pot Plants – Watering In:
1. Add 3-6g per litre of water (1.5-3 x 60ml scoops per 10 Litres of water).
2. Mix thoroughly in the water and water the pot well, being sure to allow for run-off.
3. Repeat every 4 weeks or as and when the crop needs it.
4. Always use de-chlorinated water (if using tap water leave to stand overnight before application).
1. Add 1-2g per Litre of water (0.5-1 level teaspoon)
2. Since Ecothrive Charge is not 100% soluble, add to water and stir vigorously for 1 minute, then let it sit for 15 minutes.
3. Repeat mixing once then strain to remove sediment and pour into a spray bottle. Use this ‘extract’ within 24 hours.
Always use de-chlorinated water (if using tap water leave to stand overnight before application).
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (3)Is Ecothrive Charge suitable for organic gardening only or can it be combined with mineral nutrients?Ecothrive Charge can be used alongside both organic & mineral based nutrients.
Written by TB | 9 Dec 2014Can Ecothrive Charge be used alongside Mykos and bat guano?Ecothrive Charge can be used alongside Mykos, we would advise using the Bat Guano during the flowering phase.
Written by DC | 26 Jul 2014can this be used alongside the canna aktrivatorThe Ecothrive Charge contains Chitin, which will be good for the AkTrivator, these products will work well together.
Written by P | 19 May 2014