Take the strain out of water drain with our EXCLUSIVE RhizoSystem. It’s simple, but genius.
It automatically removes run off (waste feed) so your plants don’t reabsorb it! This'll help prevent oversaturation, mineral build ups and root rot!
It’s the safest and easiest way to reach the optimum 20 – 30% run off.
You can use your RhizoSystem when hand watering OR with a dripper.
You can also expand or customise your system however you like – it’s completely flexible and all parts are sold separately.
• EXCLUSIVE to GroWell – you won’t find it anywhere else
• Automatically removes run off (waste water and feed)
• Can be used when hand watering or with a dripper
• Prevent reabsorption of unoxygenated, stagnant water and feed
• Flexible – expand it or customise it (up to 72 pots)
• No spillages – clean and efficient
• Hassle free – everything’s automated
• Avoids oversaturation
• Ideal for reaching optimum 20 – 30% run off
• Lowers the risk of root rot
• Prevents mineral build ups – get the right nutrient balance
Choose your Size:
• Standard - For Rhizopots up to 16L
• XL - For Rhizopots up to 39L
Which system will fit into your tent?
• 1.2m x 1.2m Tent (W x D): 4 Pot (Standard)
• 2.4m x. 1.2m Tent (W x D): 8 Pot (Standard), 4 Pot (XL)
• 2.4m x 2.4m Tent (W x D): 16 Pot (Standard), 8 Pot (XL)
• 2.4m x 3.6 Tent (W x D): 24 Pot (Standard), 12 Pot (XL)
• 2.4m x 4.8 Tent (W x D): 16 Pot (XL)
• 3.6 x 3.6m Tent (W x D): 36 Pot (Standard)
• 3.6m x 4.8m Tent (W x D): 48 Pot (Standard), 24 Pot (XL)
• 3.6m x 7.2m Tent (W x D): 36 Pot (XL)
• Use our bestselling RhizoPots with your system
They’re unique fabric pots that will naturally prune your roots and improve overall growth. They really are the best ones to buy.
• Upgrade to our drip and drain RhizoSystem
You can automatically feed your plants using a network of drippers.
- The Science
What’s Run Off?
After watering your plants, you’ll notice that some of the feed gathers underneath your pots.
This is called ‘run off’.
Why you Want Run Off
Without run off, salts, minerals and nutrients accumulate in your pot:
• It’s toxic to your plant
• Plants no longer get the right nutrients
• Plant growth is poor
To flush out nutrients and salts that would otherwise have gathered in your pot, aim for a 20 – 30% run off. Any more than this is just wasteful.
Why use a RhizoSystem with Run Off?
All that run off has to go somewhere.
If you leave your plants sitting in it, it gets reabsorbed.
You don’t want this to happen
1. The run off will have become stagnant and may contain bacteria
- This leads to root problems, poor nutrient absorption and even root rot
2. Your growing media becomes saturated with unoxygenated water
- You end up with lots water, but no oxygen - roots need both.
3. Some nutrients and salt remain your growing media
- When you next feed your plants, the nutrient profile isn’t going to be right.
With a RhizoSystem, all run off is removed, so none of this happens.
You can safely achieve the optimum 20 – 30% run off, without any issues.
- The Tech
Remove all run off with a RhizoStand.
They’re sloped, to draw run off away.
Use them to achieve the optimum 20 – 30% run off while lowering the risk of over-saturation, root rot and mineral build ups.
Each stand supports RhizoPots of up to 16L (Standard) or 39L (XL).
It’s easy to connect your stands to your system – all fixings are supplied.
• Standard for RhizoPots of up to 16L (37.5 x 3.5 x 11cm)
• XL for RhizoPots of up to 39L (52 x 52 x 12cm)
• All connections included
• Prevent mineral build ups
• Avoid oversaturation
• Achieve optimum 20 – 30% run off
Run off is quickly drawn out of your RhizoStand via Iceline Piping.
It’s flexible but durable irrigation piping with a protective double layer.
Your pipe shields nutrients from UV (black inner layer) and heat (white outer layer) – this is great if you’re buying a Drip & Drain System.
• Double walled irrigation piping
• Reflects heat (white outer layer)
• UV protection (black inner layer)
• Fast removal
• Flexible – position and space out stands to suit your room
RhizoSystem Brain Controller
All run off finally ends up in your RhizoSystem Brain Controller.
You can connect up to 6 lines of stands and up to 72 stands in total.
We recommend connecting 6 lines of 12 stands (72 stands in total).
Once your RhizoSystem Brain starts to fill, it automatically empties waste to your chosen location (e.g. a drain or a bucket).
You won’t need a timer – emptying is triggered by a reliable float switch.
• Automatically empties
• Reliable magnetic float switch (to trigger emptying)
• Maxi-Jet 1000 pump – removes up to of 1000L per hour
• 6 inlet pipes – connect up to 6 lines of stands
• No leaks - blanking caps for each inlet pipe included
• Connect up to 72 stands in total
- Kit Contains
• RhizoSystem Brain
• Iceline Piping and fixings
• All connections
- How to Use
1. Make sure you have enough space in your grow room.
• 4 Pot: 120cm x 120cm
• 8 Pot: 120cm x 240cm
• 16 Pot: 240cm x 240cm
• 24 Pot: 360cm x 240cm
• 36 Pot: 360cm x 360cm
• 48 Pot: 480cm x 360cm
• 4 Pot: 120cm x 240cm
• 8 Pot: 240cm x 240cm
• 12 Pot: 360cm x 240cm
• 16 Pot: 480cm x 240cm
• 24 Pot: 480cm x 360cm
• 36 Pot: 720cm x 360cm
2. If your room is on a slope
• Position your RhizoSystem Brain Controller at the lowest point
• We recommend raising some of the stands so that all are level
3. Your RhizoSystem Brain
• Make sure it is plugged into your mains power supply at all times
4. Assemble your RhizoStands
• Connect a BSP Tee or Elbow fixings to each stand
• This will allow you to connect the stand to Iceline piping
• Make sure you use the supplied rubber washers for a water tight connection
5. Create your lines of stands
• We recommend 6 lines of 12 stands
• You can connect stands together using Iceline Piping
• Make sure the pipe is pushed on fully
• Stands with elbow fixings will need to be at one end of a line
• The other end of each the line will need to be connected to the RhizoSystem Brain
• Keep unused inlet pipes covered with blanking caps to stop leaks
Tip: Keep drainage lines pulled tight for efficient drainage
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (2)Do these also work with airpots?These will work woth air pots as long as they are not too big for the satnds. The Standard Stand will hold a pot up to 28cm diameter, the XL Stand is suitable for a pot up to 40cm in diameter.
Written by PZ | 23 May 2016Hi can you explain how the header pot works to remove the run off? Thanks AdamThe runoff from the Rhizostands will flow to the brain unit using gravity. When the brain pot is full, a float switch will activate the pump inside the brain to remove the runoff solution to a drain or waste container.
Written by AW | 12 May 2016