Growing on a budget? Try a best-selling BAY6 bundle. They’re low cost but high quality – great value for money!
You’ll get a dual spectrum 600W BAY6 lamp + BAY6 magnetic ballast + your choice of reflectors.
Together, they make a complete 600W lighting system for you to use in the vegetative and flowering stages. Your magnetic ballast is safe, reliable and runs silently. Simply choose your reflector and you’re ready to grow.
Don’t be fooled by their modest price, these lighting systems are fantastic! The ballast and lamp combination generates a true, constant, 600W light output, without fluctuations, unlike inferior lighting systems.
Each system comes with a 2m mains cable and a 1 year ballast warranty!
• Bundle! 600W grow lamp + magnetic ballast + choice of reflectors
• Dual spectrum lamp (blue and red light)
• For vegetative and flowering stages
• True, constant 600W output at the lamp
• 1 year ballast warranty included
• 2m mains cable supplied
• Great quality for a low cost
• Ballast is tough and durable (quality parts and a powder-coated metal case).
• Runs silently
Choose your Reflector
There are 6 options available. For more information on each, see ‘The Tech’
For even better results, upgrade to an Exolux Pro 600 Watt Lighting System. It comes with a Grolux lamp and an Exolux Digital Ballast.
Armed with one of these, you'll use a lot less energy, get a higher light output and more accurate colour rendering.
Better yet, ballasts are dimmable! Rather than buying a new lamp, you can change your intensity by dimming (or boosting!) your output. They also emit less heat, so the cost of cooling your grow room is less.
On top of this, it'll cost 3 - 4% less to run each ballast. The amount you save in energy alone justifies the extra cost, and then there's the extra yield! Do the maths and you'll see it's really a no-brainer.
- The Tech
BAY6 Dual Spectrum 600W Lamp
• Dual spectrum HPS lamps
• Digital and magnetic ballast compatible
• Suitable for grow and bloom cycles
• Output: 90000 lumens
• Colour: 2100K
• Bulb: T46/E40
BAY6 Magnetic Ballast
• Electronic micro-controlled starter
• Thermal protection device fitted
• High efficiency
• Lightweight aluminium housing
• Power (W): 600W
• Input (V): 200 / 240V
• Amps (Run): 2.8 Amps
• Dimensions (L x W x D): 320 x 150 x 150mm
• Weight: 6.2kg
BAY6 Euro Reflector
• Wing style reflection for an even light spread
• Highly polished, dimpled anodised aluminium
• Includes 2 hanging mounts
• 98% reflective surface
• High grade, glass covered aluminium
• Next to NO wasted light
• Increase your light spread by up to 75% (covers an area of 1.5m x 1.2m)
• Variable light focus and intensity: for each growth stage
• Flexible reflector wings: Get a wider coverage or narrower beam
• Super-Spreader: Even light and heat distribution for uniform plant growth
• Alternative to the Adjust-a-Wing Avenger (Lower Cost)
• Approximately 86% reflection for at least 3 years
• Medium grade aluminium
• Increase your light spread by up to 75% and reduce heat
• High quality, low price
Prima Klima Optomiser
• 95% reflective surface - up to 15% more reflected light than BAY6 Euro Reflector
• Draws hot air away from lamp (integrated heat sink)
• Lamp hangs vertically for a super even spread of light
• Ideal for single light grow rooms and grow tents
• Some assembly required
• Very little light waste - uniform shape focuses almost all light to your plants
• Ideal for large, square areas the size of a XL BudBox
• Prevents hot spots and reaches awkward areas (such as corners and outer)
• Uses 97% reflective European aluminium
• Excellent heat dissipation (through an opening above the lamp holder)
- Kit Contains
1 x Dual spectrum BAY6 lamp
1 x BAY6 magnetic ballast
1 x Choice of reflectors
- How to Use
Each item in your bundle will come with instructions
1. Peel off any protective layers of film from your reflector.
2. Screw the grow lamp into the lamp holder
3. Suspend the reflector from your ceiling/grow tent roof
- We recommend using Exolux Ezi-Roll Hangers or Exolux Rope Ratchets
4. Connect the reflector lead to the corresponding ballast lead
5. Finally, plug the ballast into the contactor or heavy duty timer.
- Always use a contactor if controlling your system with a standard timer
To find out which contact and timer combination you’ll need, see our ‘Downloads’ tab.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (10)Please can you tell me the weight of the ballast?The 600W Proxima ballast weighs 6.5kg.
Written by CS | 29 Apr 2014Do these bulbs output alot of heat? If so, what can be put in place to lower the temperature of the grow room?HPS bulbs will generate heat as well as light, we would recommend using a Growell Extraction/Filtration kit to manage this.
Written by KD | 27 Oct 2013Do i need to buy two if i want to grow 2 plants at a time or does one do the job?The 600W Proxima system will cover an area of 1.2 square metres. If you want to grow 2 plants, I'd go with the 250W system, this will cover 75 square centimetres, & is enough for around 3 plants.
Written by ZC | 17 Oct 2013What are the overall dimensions of the light? Also are chains attachable?The reflector with this light measures 40 x 47 x 13cm, you can attach chain to this reflector by using S hooks, but we would recommend using Ezi-Roll Light Hangers.
Written by Ben | 29 Dec 2012Can you use this system for growing in soil rather than hydroponicsYou can successfully grow plants in soil under this light.
Written by DH | 30 Nov 2012if i paid the extra, could i use a SOLAAR bulb?We can supply this system with a SOLAAR bulb for an additional £5. If you wish to order via the website, if you put a note in the special instructions we can add this for you, alternatively, you could give us a call to place your order.
Written by JR | 24 Oct 2012would this light run MH bulbs ?The Proxima ballast will run metal halide & sodium bulbs.
Written by alex | 7 Jul 2012is this bulb sodium vapor? and can you get the same setup but 400w?The lamp provided with this system is a High Pressure Sodium Lamp. 250 Watt and 400 watt versions of the Proxima ballast will be available in the coming months.
Written by mikey | 6 Apr 2012how many plants could you grow with 600 watt lightThe 600W Proxima will cover an area if 1.35 square metres, you could comfortable run a Gro-Tank 1000 in this area, which will hold between 9 & 25 plants.
Written by josh | 19 Dec 2011is the bulb provided a dual spectrum lamp as in can it be used for all plant cycles (veg & flower)?The Proxima 600 Watt Light System does come with a dual spectrum bulb, which is suitable for both vegetative & flowering stages. If you prefer, we are able to provide this system with either a Grolux or Sunmaster lamp for an additional £5.00.
Written by RT | 26 Nov 2011