Want bigger, bushier plants with fruit and flowers that taste better, smell better, grow better and produce more essential oils? Then use a 315W Maxibright CDM Gavita TripleStar Lighting System.
It emits a broad light spectrum (LEP style) and a high intensity (HID style), giving you the best of both worlds.
315 Watt Philips CDM Lamp + 315 Watt Maxibright Daylight CDM Ballast + Gavita TripleStar Reflector + CDM Lampholder
You’ll get a much higher light intensity (up to 1.9µmol per Watt!) and a broad spectrum that’s much closer to actual sunlight. The 930 Agro lamp’s spectrum is the closest one to actual sunlight we’ve ever seen!
Plants grown under it will produce more essentials oils, terpenes & flavonoids (enhancing taste, aroma, size & anti-oxidative properties). They’ll also form more lateral branches, have smaller internodal spacing, more flowering sites and larger root systems.
To maximise light further, you can adjust your reflector’s side to panels to suit your tent. There are 3 panel positions - wide, medium & deep.
You'll get no big bill increases or temperature rises - remember - the lamp's only 315W! Since the Gavita reflector's so small, it won't obstruct airflow either.
You won’t believe how easy to fit these lights are! The Gavita TripleStar reflector’s really compact so you can slot it between two HID lights.
Better yet, you get to skip the hassle of replacing your reflector when it degrades – just swap your side panels instead.
• 315W Philips CDM Lamp + 315W Maxibright CDM Ballast + Gavita TripleStar Reflector
• Best of both worlds! A Broad Light Spectrum & High PAR Output (up to 1.9 µmol) per Watt
• Plants taste, smell & look better
• Position between two HID lights (easy to retrofit into existing set up)
• Super compact – won’t obstruct airflow
• Versatile! 3 reflector panel positions (wide, medium and deep)
• Never replace your reflector again – just swap the side panels
• Cheap to run - low energy consumption – no abrupt power surges
• Accurate colour rendering for stable, crisp bright white light
• Use throughout vegetative growth & flowering
• 96% reflective vega / MIRO® aluminium surface
Choose Your Lamp
Option 1: 315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
• 1.7 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• Bluer light spectrum
• Fantastic during vegetative growth
Option 2: 315 Watt Philips Greenpower 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• 1.1 μmol m-2 s-1
• Fuller light spectrum
• Great as a supplemental or standalone lamp throughout your grow
FREE Gavita Lighting Layout In Store
Drop by your local store for a FREE lighting layout. We use Gavita’s 3D modelling software to tell you which lights you need (and how to position them!) for the very best spread of light.
- The Science
The Light Spectrum
The light spectrum is made up of different colours (or wavelengths).
Plants use wavelengths between 400nm - 700nm. These wavelengths are known as the PAR range.
Wavelengths outside the PAR range aren’t used by your plants for growth, but are key to plant health (such as UV-A, UV-B, infrared and far red). The trick is to get a spectrum as close to sunlight as is possible.
• HID lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from inside the PAR range for growth
• LEP lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from outside the PAR range to enhance quality
• CDM lamps fall somewhere in between.
When using a CDM lamp as a supplemental grow light, we recommend position it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum and intensity throughout your grow.
- The Tech
315W Philips 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• Nom. Watts: 315
• Approx. Initial Lumens: 33,000
• Approx. Mean Lumens: 29,700
• Efficacy (lm/w): 104
• Colour Temp. (Kelvin) 3200
• CRI: 90
• Burn Position: Universal
• Rated Avg. Life (Hrs): 20,000
• PPF (µmol/sec): 1.9
315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
Light Technical Characteristics
• Colour Code: 942 [CCT of 4200K]
• Colour Rendering Index: 85 (min), 90 (nom) Ra8
• Colour Designation: Cool White
• Colour Temperature: 4200 K
• Colour Temperature Technical: 4000 (min), 4200 (nom), 4400 (max) K
• Initial Lumens: 34300 Lm
• Luminous Efficacy Lamp EL: 109 Lm/W
• Lumen Maintenance 2000h: 97 %
• Lumen Maintenance 5000h: 96%
• Lumen Maintenance 8000h: 95%
• Lumen Maintenance El 10000h: 93%
• Lumen Maintenance 12000h: 91%
• Lumen Maintenance 20000h: 80%
• Lumen Maintenance: 97% (10% life), 95% (40% life)
• Design Mean Lumens: 30780 Lm
• Chromaticity Coordinate X: 0.373 Chromaticity
• Coordinate Y: 0.371
• Base: PGZX18.
• Bulb: T12 [38 mm]
• Bulb Finish: Clear
• Operating Position: Universal [Any or Universal (U)]
• Life to 5% failures EL: 10500 hr
• Life to 10% failures EL: 13300 hr
• Avg. Hrs. Life: 20000 hr
• Energy Used: 315 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Rated: 315.0 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Nominal: 315.0 W
• Lamp Voltage: 100 V
• Lamp Current EL: 3.15 A
• Lamp Current RunUp: 4.7 A
• Ignition Time: 3 (max) s
• Run-up time90%: 3 (max) min
• Re-ignition Time [min]: 10 (max) min
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Energy Efficiency Label (EEL): A+
• Mercury (Hg) Content: 24 (max) mg
• Picogram per Lumen Hour: 39.0 p/LuHr
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Damage Factor D/fc: 0.20
• PET (NIOSH): 26 h500lx
• UV-A: 5.82 mW/cm2
• UV-B: 0.03 mW/cm2
• UV-C: 0.20 mW/cm2
• Overall Length : 193 mm
• Diameter D: 38 mm
• Light Centre Length L: 88 (min), 90 (nom), 92 (max) mm
• Arc Length O: 14 mm
• Maximum Overall Length [inch]: 7.6 (max) in
• Light Centre Length L: 3.54 in
• Diameter D: 1.5 in
- Kit Contains
- How to Use
The 315 Watt Maxibright CDM Gavita TripleStar Lighting System is best used alongside your main grow lights as a supplemental grow light. You can retrofit it into your existing set up.
We recommend positioning it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum throughout your grow.
Adjusting the reflector:
There are three panel positions: deep, medium and wide. To adjust, depress the latch at the side reflectors, move the reflector inward or outward and release the latch in one of the three positions.
Maintaining the Reflector:
Do not touch the reflective material with your bare hand as this can cause it lose reflectivity. If you do want to clean it, use a soft cloth to remove dust only. You can clean the reflector’s housing with a damp cloth, but never when the reflector is in use or just after use.
Inserting a CDM lamp into a CDM lampholder:
You will notice that the two pins at the bottom of the lamp each have a different end point - one being a complete circle and the other being a half circle. You must ensure that these match up with the corresponding grooves in the lampholder, as forcing them into the wrong place could cause irreversible damage.
These lamps can cause serious skin burn and eye inflammation from short wave ultraviolet radiation if the outer envelope of the lamp is broken or punctured. If using in an area where people will remain for more than a few minutes, make sure adequate shielding or other safety precautions are used.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers