Get a broad light spectrum and high PAR output from a single supplemental grow light – try our 315 Watt Maxibright Daylight Lighting System.
You fit it between 2 HID lights to get healthier, bushier plants with fruit and flowers that look, smell and taste better.
They’re low energy but ultra-bright, with a stupidly high PAR output (up to 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt!). As for colour rendering, it’s fantastic – the ballast was made specifically to maximise the light's beam pattern and spectrum output.
Lamps consistently emit a broad light spectrum that’s much closer to actual sunlight to prevent stretching and enhance growth. The 930 Agro lamp’s spectrum is the closest one to actual sunlight we’ve ever seen!
As a result, plants form more lateral branches, have smaller internodal spacing, more flowering sites and larger root systems. Wait 'til you see the yield increase! Since plants will start producing more essential oils, your plants will look, smell and taste nicer too!
Don't worry about your energy bills & grow room temperature rising– remember, lamps are only 315W! For safety, lamps are double jacketed (bulb in a bulb).
• Best of both worlds! A Broad Light Spectrum & High PAR Output
• 315W Philips CDM Lamp + 315W Maxibright CDM Ballast + BAY6 Euro Reflector
• Cheap to run - low energy consumption – no abrupt power surges
• High output of up to 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• Broader light spectrum: Fruit & flowers taste, smell & look better
• Accurate colour rendering for stable, crisp bright white light
• Use throughout vegetative growth & flowering
• Position it between two HID lights
• Can retrofit into existing set up
Simply position it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum throughout your grow.
Choose Your Lamp
Option 1: 315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
• 1.7 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• Bluer light spectrum
• Fantastic during vegetative growth
Option 2: 315 Watt Philips Greenpower 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• 1.1 μmol m-2 s-1
• Fuller light spectrum
• Great as a supplemental or standalone lamp throughout your grow
- The Science
The Light Spectrum
The light spectrum is made up of different colours (or wavelengths).
Plants use wavelengths between 400nm - 700nm. These wavelengths are known as the PAR range.
They may not be used for growth, but wavelengths outside the PAR range (such as UV-A, UV-B, infrared and far red) are key to plant health.
• HID lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from inside the PAR range for growth
• LEP lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from outside the PAR range to enhance quality
• CDM Lamps fall somewhere in between, and do both - they really enhances yield size and quality when used along side HID lights.
If you want to know how many particles of light (photons) from the PAR range are emitted by your lamp per second, you need to find out what its PPF reading is (measured in micromoles).
1 micromole = 602 quadrillion particles of light from the PAR range.
Remember, your PPF reading doesn't tell you how many particles of light from outside the PAR range are emitted by your light.
- The Tech
315W Philips 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• Nom. Watts: 315
• Approx. Initial Lumens: 33,000
• Approx. Mean Lumens: 29,700
• Efficacy (lm/w): 104
• Colour Temp. (Kelvin) 3200
• CRI: 90
• Burn Position: Universal
• Rated Avg. Life (Hrs): 20,000
• PPF (µmol/sec): 1.9
315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
Light Technical Characteristics
• Colour Code: 942 [CCT of 4200K]
• Colour Rendering Index: 85 (min), 90 (nom) Ra8
• Colour Designation: Cool White
• Colour Temperature: 4200 K
• Colour Temperature Technical: 4000 (min), 4200 (nom), 4400 (max) K
• Initial Lumens: 34300 Lm
• Luminous Efficacy Lamp EL: 109 Lm/W
• Lumen Maintenance 2000h: 97 %
• Lumen Maintenance 5000h: 96%
• Lumen Maintenance 8000h: 95%
• Lumen Maintenance El 10000h: 93%
• Lumen Maintenance 12000h: 91%
• Lumen Maintenance 20000h: 80%
• Lumen Maintenance: 97% (10% life), 95% (40% life)
• Design Mean Lumens: 30780 Lm
• Chromaticity Coordinate X: 0.373 Chromaticity
• Coordinate Y: 0.371
• Base: PGZX18.
• Bulb: T12 [38 mm]
• Bulb Finish: Clear
• Operating Position: Universal [Any or Universal (U)]
• Life to 5% failures EL: 10500 hr
• Life to 10% failures EL: 13300 hr
• Avg. Hrs. Life: 20000 hr
• Energy Used: 315 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Rated: 315.0 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Nominal: 315.0 W
• Lamp Voltage: 100 V
• Lamp Current EL: 3.15 A
• Lamp Current RunUp: 4.7 A
• Ignition Time: 3 (max) s
• Run-up time90%: 3 (max) min
• Re-ignition Time [min]: 10 (max) min
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Energy Efficiency Label (EEL): A+
• Mercury (Hg) Content: 24 (max) mg
• Picogram per Lumen Hour: 39.0 p/LuHr
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Damage Factor D/fc: 0.20
• PET (NIOSH): 26 h500lx
• UV-A: 5.82 mW/cm2
• UV-B: 0.03 mW/cm2
• UV-C: 0.20 mW/cm2
• Overall Length : 193 mm
• Diameter D: 38 mm
• Light Centre Length L: 88 (min), 90 (nom), 92 (max) mm
• Arc Length O: 14 mm
• Maximum Overall Length [inch]: 7.6 (max) in
• Light Centre Length L: 3.54 in
• Diameter D: 1.5 in
- Kit Contains
- How to Use
The 315 Watt Maxibright CDM Euro Lighting System is best used alongside your main grow lights as a supplemental grow light. You can retrofit it into your existing set up.
We recommend positioning it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum throughout your grow.
Inserting a CDM lamp into a CDM lampholder:
You will notice that the two pins at the bottom of the lamp each have a different end point - one being a complete circle and the other being a half circle. You must ensure that these match up with the corresponding grooves in the lampholder, as forcing them into the wrong place could cause irreversible damage.
These lamps can cause serious skin burn and eye inflammation from short wave ultraviolet radiation if the outer envelope of the lamp is broken or punctured. If using in an area where people will remain for more than a few minutes, make sure adequate shielding or other safety precautions are used.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (1)can you hang these lights vertically as well as horizontally? and could you not use two of these from start to finish of the grow instead of using as a supplement light?These lamps can be hung vertically, you will need to use the CDM lampholer with the light if you wish to use a parabolic reflector.
Written by mark dixon | 2 Jul 2016