Get bigger yielding plants with fruit and flowers that taste, smell and look better…get a Maxibright Daylight Lighting System. It’s cheap to run (low power), and at this price, it’s a real steal.
The ballast and lamp were designed specifically to maximise the beam pattern and light intensity of these lamps!
Use this light to broaden your spectrum and boost your light intensity! Lamps kick out up to 1.9μmol per Watt and the Agro 930 lamp has the closest spectrum to actual sunlight we’ve ever seen.
With a spectrum like that, plants produce more essential oils, terpenes & flavonoids, to enhance the flavour, aroma & size of fruit and flowers.
You’ll see a surge in overall growth too – plants will form more lateral branches, have smaller internodal spacing, more flowering sites and larger root systems.
You can forget about heat build ups – lamps are low power and there are heat dissipation holes at reflector ends.
• Best of both worlds! Broad Light Spectrum & High PAR Output
• 315W Philips CDM Lamp + 315W Maxibright CDM Ballast + Maxibright Daylight
• Cheap to run - low energy + no abrupt power surges
• High PAR output of up to 1.9µmol per Watt
• Bigger, bushier plants with more flowering sites & larger root systems
• Broader light spectrum: Fruit & flowers taste, smell & look better
• Accurate colour rendering for stable, crisp bright white light
• Closed end reflector for high light intensity
• No heat build ups (low power lamp + holes at reflector ends)
• Double jacketed lamp for safety
• No CDM lampholder needed – there’s already one built into the reflector.
• Reflector comes with 2 ‘V’ hooks + attached IEC connector
• Use throughout vegetative growth & flowering
• Can retrofit into existing set up
• Position it between two HID lights
• Reflector dimensions: 440 x 375 x 135 (L x W x D)
Setting up this light’s a doddle! You won’t need a CDM lampholder – your reflector already has one. Simple slot your light between two HID lights and you’re ready to go!
Choose Your Lamp
Option 1: 315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
• 1.7 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• Bluer light spectrum
• Fantastic during vegetative growth
Option 2: 315 Watt Philips Greenpower 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• 1.9 micromoles (µmol) per Watt
• 1.1 μmol m-2 s-1
• Fuller light spectrum
• Great as a supplemental or standalone lamp throughout your grow
- The Science
The Light Spectrum
The light spectrum is made up of different wavelengths (colours).
The PAR Range
Plants use wavelengths between 400nm - 700nm for growth. These wavelengths are known as the PAR range.
A Broader Sprectrum
Though they're not used for growth, wavelengths outside the PAR range are key to plant health. Specifically, UV-A and UV-B are known to improve the appearance, taste and aroma of fruit and flowers, while improving pest resistance and overall health.
• HID lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from inside the PAR range for growth
• LEP lamps: mostly emit wavelengths from outside the PAR range to enhance quality
• CDM lamps fall somewhere in between - they have a high PAR output and a broad light spectrum.
When using a CDM lamp as a supplemental grow light, we recommend position it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum and intensity throughout your grow.
- The Tech
315W Philips 930 Agro CDM Lamp
• Nom. Watts: 315
• Approx. Initial Lumens: 33,000
• Approx. Mean Lumens: 29,700
• Efficacy (lm/w): 104
• Colour Temp. (Kelvin) 3200
• CRI: 90
• Burn Position: Universal
• Rated Avg. Life (Hrs): 20,000
• PPF (µmol/sec): 1.9
315 Watt Philips MasterColour 942 Daylight CDM Lamp
Light Technical Characteristics
• Colour Code: 942 [CCT of 4200K]
• Colour Rendering Index: 85 (min), 90 (nom) Ra8
• Colour Designation: Cool White
• Colour Temperature: 4200 K
• Colour Temperature Technical: 4000 (min), 4200 (nom), 4400 (max) K
• Initial Lumens: 34300 Lm
• Luminous Efficacy Lamp EL: 109 Lm/W
• Lumen Maintenance 2000h: 97 %
• Lumen Maintenance 5000h: 96%
• Lumen Maintenance 8000h: 95%
• Lumen Maintenance El 10000h: 93%
• Lumen Maintenance 12000h: 91%
• Lumen Maintenance 20000h: 80%
• Lumen Maintenance: 97% (10% life), 95% (40% life)
• Design Mean Lumens: 30780 Lm
• Chromaticity Coordinate X: 0.373 Chromaticity
• Coordinate Y: 0.371
• Base: PGZX18.
• Bulb: T12 [38 mm]
• Bulb Finish: Clear
• Operating Position: Universal [Any or Universal (U)]
• Life to 5% failures EL: 10500 hr
• Life to 10% failures EL: 13300 hr
• Avg. Hrs. Life: 20000 hr
• Energy Used: 315 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Rated: 315.0 W
• Lamp Wattage EL 25°C, Nominal: 315.0 W
• Lamp Voltage: 100 V
• Lamp Current EL: 3.15 A
• Lamp Current RunUp: 4.7 A
• Ignition Time: 3 (max) s
• Run-up time90%: 3 (max) min
• Re-ignition Time [min]: 10 (max) min
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Energy Efficiency Label (EEL): A+
• Mercury (Hg) Content: 24 (max) mg
• Picogram per Lumen Hour: 39.0 p/LuHr
• Energy consumption kWh/1000h: 346 kW/h
• Damage Factor D/fc: 0.20
• PET (NIOSH): 26 h500lx
• UV-A: 5.82 mW/cm2
• UV-B: 0.03 mW/cm2
• UV-C: 0.20 mW/cm2
• Overall Length : 193 mm
• Diameter D: 38 mm
• Light Centre Length L: 88 (min), 90 (nom), 92 (max) mm
• Arc Length O: 14 mm
• Maximum Overall Length [inch]: 7.6 (max) in
• Light Centre Length L: 3.54 in
• Diameter D: 1.5 in
- Kit Contains
- How to Use
The 315 Watt Maxibright Daylight Lighting System is best used alongside your main grow lights as a supplemental grow light. You can retrofit it into your existing set up.
We recommend positioning it between two HID light to broaden your light spectrum throughout your grow.
Inserting a CDM lamp into a CDM lampholder:
You will notice that the two pins at the bottom of the lamp each have a different end point - one being a complete circle and the other being a half circle. You must ensure that these match up with the corresponding grooves in the lampholder, as forcing them into the wrong place could cause irreversible damage.
These lamps can cause serious skin burn and eye inflammation from short wave ultraviolet radiation if the outer envelope of the lamp is broken or punctured. If using in an area where people will remain for more than a few minutes, make sure adequate shielding or other safety precautions are used.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers