Get a 250W, 400W, 600W & 660W output from a single ballast - the 600W Exolux Pro Digital Ballast.
Use it to drive, dim & boost any 600W HPS lamp. You can even power 600W MH lamps (never dim or boost MH lamps).
For bigger yields, just overdrive a 600W HPS to 660W - that's a 10% increase!
These gems can run from a normal 240V household mains supply…they simply transform the incoming voltage to your chosen output!
You’ll really keep your costs down…you’re looking at a 3 - 4% less energy per ballast. To prolong the life of your lamps, your ballast uses soft-start technology to lower your start up current.
Forget about noise and heat problems – these ballasts are light, cool and quiet to run.
Each ballast has an incredibly long life and the output doesn’t degrade with age. Just to make sure, you get a 3 year warranty. What more could you want?
• 4 dimmer settings (250W, 400W, 600W & 660W output)
• Super lumen (boost) setting – 10% more power
• Easy to use - simple dimming switch - plug and play
• No heat problems - cool to run + thermal protection
• No noise – it’s operates silently - no humming, no buzzing
• Prolong the life of lamps – soft-start technology
• Energy saving (roughly 3 – 4% per ballast!)
• Output doesn’t degrade with age
• Long life + 3 year warranty
• RF shielded – won’t interfere with your radio frequency
• Durable shell + graduated fin design to prevent heat problems
• Works with any 600W lamp & IEC connection reflector
Use a bestselling 600W Grolux Lamp. It emits blue and red wavelengths of light and can be used through your entire grow.
- The Tech
• Dimmable digitable ballast for HID lighting
• Model: EXOLUX Pro 600W Dimmable Digital Ballast
• Input: 230 ~50/60HZ, 3.0A. COS Ø 0.99
• CF < 1.7, TA = 40oC, TC = 70oC, U-Out = 250V
• For HPS/MH 600W Lamps
How does the Exolux Pro Digital Ballast work?
Each lighting system is made up of a reflector, grow light and a ballast. Your ballast regulates how much power goes to your lamp.
The Exolux Pro is a digital ballast.
Unlike magnetic ballasts, digital ballasts can transform the incoming voltage up or down, regardless of the supply. This means that:
• You can power it from a standard UK 240V mains supply (a household plug)
• You can dim and boost your output
• Output is more consistent (unaffected by fluctuations from your mains supply)
Digital ballast are also:
• Cheaper to run (use less energy)
• Lightweight and compact
• Cooler to run – no heat problems
• Silent – no noise
• Have a longer life
• Prolong the life of your lamp – no power surges
Why Dim your Light Output?
Plants need different light outputs at different stages of growth:
• 250W (cuttings/seedlings)
• 400W (vegging)
• At least 600W (flowering)
Don’t buy a separate lamp for each stage of growth – you only need one.
Save time and money - dim and boost the output of one 600W light using an Exolux Pro 600W Digital Ballast.
Why Boost Your Light Output?
To get bigger, better yields. Push for higher yields – boost your 600W output by 10% (to 660W) during flowering.
Remember, doing this does reduce your lamp’s life. And you should never overdrive a Metal Halide lamp.
- How to Use
Your ballast’s simple to use – it’s plug and play.
You can use your ballast to drive any 600W MH or HPS lamp. It’ll also dim and boost any 600W HPS lamp.
Use a 600W Grolux Lamp – it can be used for all stages of growth.
Make sure that you use a timer and contactor with each ballast:
• Never try to boost when using with a MH lamp.
- Q & A
Questions and Answers (3)Hi. I have a 250w coolshade and would like to upgrade to 400w/600w at some point. If I got a 600w bulb and this ballast (Exolux pro 600) could i use my existing setup or will I need to replace the coolshade as well?You will be able to use your existing Coolshade with this setup, you'll just need to replace your ballast & lamp.
Written by Vern | 28 Jun 2014when would I use the 660wYou can use the 660W setting throughout flowering if you need to, you will need to bear in mind that this setting will increase heat output, as well as light, & ensure you have adequate exptraction/filtration. The 660W setting should only be used with sodium lamps, it is not suitable for use with metal halides.
Written by andy bowen | 9 Dec 2013Do I need to change the lamp to one of the appropriate wattage when it's lowered or can it run at all wattages with a single 600W lamp?It is best to use a 600W lamp on all settings of the Exolux Pro Dimmable Digital Ballast.
Written by John | 5 Oct 2013